PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight control check a320
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 09:39
Stone_cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vilas ,

Not sure which "must " you refer to , but I agree it says the maltese cross must not be used for the check . Maybe english language , but it doesn't say that I can't scan it . I interpret it that I can scan whatever I want , as long as I use the indications on the SD as validation . Denti said he looks outside on the surfaces , and is said to operate for a highly recommended operator , I see nothing wrong either as long as they use the SD for validation .

As you say , don't make up things , so for me Airbus( & my company) says call the FMA and use the SD .

I think if the LH guys had not made up things with the AOA issue , we would have had a different outcome . There is nothing wrong with adding to ones situational awareness whilst staying within the ambit of the SOP's .

I said that they state a particular sequence is mentioned ( for the Rudders) and it may lead some flight departments to follow the same for all surfaces . There is nothing to indicate that because the Rudders are not FBW that a rigid sequence is required or vice versa . You are trying to interpret why ? Why is not in the FCOM/FCTM . It just states left then right .

Genuine question here , do the operators who allow "flexible" flight control checks also randomize the rudders ( LH,Easy )???

Giving the NTO obviously gives technical ( no complications) approval , but my point , if you missed it was ,it still goes against the Manufacturer's recommended SOP's . They do not change Airbus SOP's while issuing an NTO whenever a company applies for one ( I do know the process ) . Which indicates that were an incident to occur , Airbus will state that while they had no technical reasons to object to the application , it was against their recommended practices . LH are strong enough to go with that .

If one has such a great issue mitigating conditioned reflex , then perhaps one doesn't belong on the flight deck as our profession IS largely conditioned ,trained and very repetitive in nature . Yes , all of us do make the odd error , but at the same time , a lot of us "add " things and develop methods outside of the music of the SOP's to keep things safe .