PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASR's
Thread: ASR's
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 07:13
Rim-job

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASR's

Seriously guys...

What's with these "scared of your own shadow" ASR's. I had a quick glance at last weeks weekly ASR's and I'm embarrassed at what my fellow aviators are putting in print.

One crew wrote about a Go Around at 2000'.... Ummm, in case you didn't notice, above 1000' an ASR is not required. You had track shortening and misjudged the energy. No big deal. Happens to the best of them.

Another crew wrote about landing below Final Fuel + Alternate Fuel. They touched down with 7.4 Tons to be exact. Which means they were at least 3T above Final Fuel. Umm, committment to Dest is allowed and does not require an ASR. Is anyone home McFly??

Don't get me started on the infinite amount of ASR's with a momentary ROD exceedance of 5000'/min. Guys... It is allowed. End of story. Just don't maintain that ROD for 5 mins.

Or my favorite is final flap not set until 1450'... Guys 1000' is the cutoff point for configuration and stabilization (exceptions for speed + checklist confirmation). It's not 1500'. Hasn't been for 3+ years.

Seriously guys... I'd be embarrassed to put my name next to some of these ridiculous ASR's.

Rant over...