PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard technique for settling with power?
Old 16th Mar 2015, 23:26
gator2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get into OGE. Go full up on collective, full left pedal. Don't move the cyclic. How long does it take you to move 40 feet off center? In theory, that's the incremental movement of machine vs column you get from vuichard vs just shoving the cyclic forward.

ummmm. You first.

Like I said, I'm just a rookie. And, I can only afford to fly the much maligned Robbies.

But, for what it's worth, when I got my ticket 2 years ago my instructor did spend time with me in FDVRS. I'm not afraid to shove the cyclic as far forwards as it would go, and I did, and nothing happened for what seemed like forever. We just kept going down. And this VRS demo, which he has repeated with me a couple of times since as I do reccurency, is the only time he's up on the edge of his seat, hand hovering over the lever, looking pretty worried.

I won't be testing my understanding of this theory, or betting anything on it, in the future. But, it's a good thing to have in the back of my head if I'm stupid and inattentive enough to get past incipient VRS, can't get out of it, and have nothing left to try. And I never intend or have to do that because I'm not only a rookie, I'm an amateur. Peace out.