PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia
Thread: AirAsia
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 14:33
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is an easy fix for this for the punters who were silly enough to book with a carrier that is in my "don't book" list.

The clients need to call their credit card provider and tell them that the service has been made unavailable and no alternative provided and as no service will be provided cancel the charge as it is now not valid and doesn't exist.

Simple.

Air Asia is a carrier I have directed passengers away from since inception and I am now glad that I did. Very sad about the lives lost and the hull loss, as well as the associated stain on the Industry but mistrust of ultra cheap runs deep in this one after many years in Domestic Airline management and other areas.

The message is - call the card company - kill the charge. It should immediately be reversed onto the card and the responsibility for proving the relevance of the charge goes back onto the Airline who in these cases have no recourse.

It would be wise to do it right now before the house of cards collapses. That will make it easier.

Also if a client has booked through an alleged agent it is likely that the charge on the card is showing in the agent company name. This is done so massively inflated service fees can be hidden. What after all does one expect when the staff are generally on a base plus have to make the rest off commission?

Just reverse it all the same. Serves the scamming bastards right.

I am sure Air Asia would not have made anyone aware of this, but it is law.

Best all

EWL

Last edited by Eastwest Loco; 18th Mar 2015 at 12:25.