PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyabb
Thread: Tyabb
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 05:45
airspace alpha

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I did say I would get back with an update after the Avalon airshow. There is good news and bad news. Well, only one bit of good news really. With almost nobody left in Vic government looking after aviation at least the lady now tasked with this within the Department of Business and Innovation actually understands aviation and is a commercial pilot.

The bad news: nobody fronted up at the Airports Association meeting so we are no further forward there. As far as the Regional Aviation Fund goes I would concur with what is posted above- those applications currently approved should (may) get the funding. And it’s even possible a couple already lodged but not approved will get something. But either way the government is looking to get every possible cent back to fund other commitments. Again I can’t comment on Tyabb because I don’t have any information.

And aviation is a long, long, long way down the governments list of ThingsWeMustGetDone. Melbourne airport rail link- good luck. Avalon airport railhead or other assistance, unlikely in the extreme. But grade separation for urban level crossings- now you’re talking.