PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2015, 12:54
newbie here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLP_MB339

I'm also a little older than the average applicant and not originally from the UK. Like you, I also have a good job paying extremely well. These might work against us, we'll never know. Perhaps the nationality and the age doesn't matter at all but since we don't know how many foreign cadets they had on previous FPP and how many they are going to have this year we can't make assumptions. Maybe they feel that people who are already established in a good career would struggle when they realise that they are losing the comfortable lifestyle they worked so hard for. I don't know. It is certainly a big deal. If I embarked on this programme then I wouldn't be able to provide the same standard of living until at least I've reached 50! That is scary. I'm happy that the selection team has made that decision for me so early on. Nevertheless, I'm still keeping an eye on things here and want to see how people are doing throughout the selection process and beyond. I really hope that these guys and girls will keep us all up to date with the latest! Once again, good luck to everyone and do let us know how you are getting on!