PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 Interior
Thread: PA28 Interior
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 21:06
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The parts came from Vantage Plane Plastics using the original Piper tooling (molds to you and I).

Piper no longer manufacture gor the older Archers.

The part come oversized cutting them down is required - one carefully removes the original parts are uses them as guides to produce a copy - hence they should fit to match what was removed; it is a serious craft skill. If you search for Vantage Plane Plastics on YouTube you will find their videos on refits and this procedure.

My old ones fit fine, no gaps - I only replaced them due to the fact of having eveyting else replaced and thry were brittle.

I agree with you latter comments but the shop is singularly taciturn to put it mildly - tske a look a the photos my favourite is the hole for the visor arm smashed through the new molding with what I speculate was a Phillips head screwdriver. The visor didn't swing, binding on the new molding, and to get the ball arm of the visor in the socket, in addition to the arm being bent to reach, the socket was crudely hacked down with a craft knife.

This is not an installer who took pride in his work.

When he gave up and resprayed and intalled the old parts he managed to replicate the gaps, the were not the when the plane was dropped off.