PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 Interior
Thread: PA28 Interior
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 15:54
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA28 Interior

This may seem like a odd question, but I've tried just about everything else to get a solution.

I have an Archer II, last May it was flown to the US for a major cosmetic refurb - thinks bare metal respray and new everything else inside and out and you will get the idea.

Went a bit nuts on it and probably have the most money in such a plane in the world, save for fancy glass panel avionics.

Anyway, went to pick it up last September, it looked magnificent with its new paint, smoked windows, new external plastic bits etc. Then close up horror of horrors, what I describe as gaps, in places one could fit a hand through if the glass were not in the way - these between the surround and the new interior plastic moldings.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/ldmYdA30NTDBApNOWtdmPp
I have spoken with the suppliers (VPP) who say the parts match the serial numbers so are right, the comment that the installation is the poorest they have seen (and that's based on photos which are not as shocking as the actual thing) - they are a 24 hour drive away so are not keen to come take look, nor can they recommend someone to do so.

The shop doing the work have had several attempts to refit, to no avail. In the latest attempt the stripped out all the new stuff repaired and repainted the originals - the photos show the same gaps - in places there are none, a nice fit, but more than half exhibit gaps, from a maybe quarter inch to maybe inch plus in others.

To add insult to injury the shop saying they would be done in six weeks, they took twelve before they said it was ready, it seems took no precautions at all to care for my low time engine (we are talking Florida) and now it's been sitting for ten months.

The upshot is law suit in the offing and I need photos of PA28 windows - from the outside close up (one window per photo) - seems that the whole thing revolves around a "those gaps are usual" - not on mine they weren't nor the other two down here - seems I need lots of examples.

So if you have a PA28 or just have some I would appreciate some photos of windows - [email protected] the more the merrier, with a note of the registration.

At some point I will post the details of the whole sorry saga, it really does beggar belief.

Could not work out how to post photos do here is a link to a Dropbox with some examples

Last edited by Ebbie 2003; 14th Mar 2015 at 16:14.