PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woman runs on San Francisco runway
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 11:40
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLFguy

After a BBC TV news report that said aircraft were parked all over the runway at Gatwick and that the disruption had resuled in Pilots & Navigators being out of position I complained to the BBC about the accuracy of their reporting.

The reply was along the lines of " in a high pressure rolling new environment reporters can't be expected to reports correct ".

As the news media seems to see it as the guardian of standards of all those it reports I think this is a bit rich............. So next time a Doctor removes the wrong leg or you or I land an aircraft on a motorway by mistake I guess the BBC will not be critical because Doctors & Pilots also work in high pressure environments just like BBC reporters.

Journalists claim to be professionals but the large majority of them are the type of people who can't handle a job that requires them to be responsible for their actions, this is well illustrated by the reply that I receved from the BBC that clearly says that accuracy in reporting is not required if you work as a reporter for the BBC.