PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 11:05
JDA2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

After some waiting for my preferred week to open up, I'm now booked in with OAA on 27th March.

If anyone else will be there and wants to get in touch, I'd like that. I can't discuss specifics of the selection (we are asked not to) but can confirm that all activities are scored, all must be passed and an exceptional score in one or more activites will not carry inadequate scores in others - they are looking for well-rounded individuals.

Quite apart from the goal which we all hope to achieve, the assessment days can be a fun, educational and invigorating experience at which you can meet some interesting individuals and learn a lot about yourself. I consider the £250 cost to be rejected last year money well spent as it allowed me to grow as a person and gave me direction, in fact helping me to secure another job - though I was a lot less pragmatic about it at the time!

Good luck to all, try to enjoy it, and put extra effort into polishing those skills which you know are your weakest. Your natural talents will shine through (I went full-on technical last year - big mistake).

Those not selected - I am sorry. Read about BA/IAG, learn their values and goals as a company, and align yourself to them. You should want to be a BA pilot, not just a pilot in general, and should understand what that means. If you can get any flying at all done though, even just a trial lesson, that would help a lot.

I know it can be hard for those with fewer years of experience (particularly at work) on which to draw to build a CV and write inspirational answers, but just look at where you are in life, and think how you could be more (or just how you could express yourself better). Anything that moves you closer to your goal is a worthwhile step, but you must really want this and be prepared to work hard for it. That starts even before application.

I write this as a failed applicant last year, so do take it with a grain of salt. Still, I hope to do better this year, and if what I say helps one more person to do better as well, I am glad of that opportunity.

Last edited by JDA2012; 13th Nov 2015 at 21:10.