PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reap what you sow....EK
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 07:55
positive stability

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The business needs to make money but that is now at the behest of my business, which is me. I entered a contract which gets changed with zero input for me and in a direction that has never been favourable to me. If I decide to stick to my original contract and agreements under which I joined and tell my manager so, I would have been resigned immediately.

The current EK business model seems to be to make money at any cost and that has now exceeded the limits of my cost. If I burnt out staying here, EK won’t care less for I am just another number and cost base affecting profits. But my business (me) is about honouring the original contract and maintaining a healthy work balance lifestyle. The ultimate aim of my business is to make sure I have enough of a lifestyle after I stop work and that lifestyle includes health and financial stability. EK does not care about that part of my business as that would involve planning ahead and to tell you the truth, they have demonstrated a lack of forward vision and planning ahead, with the only exception of pursuing ever greater profits. However regarding my future business plans, they don’t care less and never will.

So I was told if I don’t like it then leave. So I am and now counting down the weeks. I have a few interviews lined up but no job to go to and so for now I plan to enjoy some self-imposed leave. Looks like all will be ok because my leaving is of no consequence to the EK business, actually by leaving they will save even more money and make even more profit now and that is evidently how they do the business nowadays.