PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Multi-Engine Rating
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2015, 02:37
GromDva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on Multi-Engine Rating

Hi guys, I just want to pick your brain on what the best way for me get my initial multi-engine rating. I a relatively fresh PPL holder with around ~80 hours. Before I attempt any training for the Multi, I must first get my CSU/Retract. However, at the club I am currently training at, a Beech Travelair is online. What do you guys think will be the most cost effective way to go about getting both the Multi and CSU/Retract. Do you think it will be better to first get the CSU/Retract in a single and then move on to the multi, or complete all of the training at the same time in the Travelair. The dual rate in the single (Beech Sierra) is ~370, and the Travel air ~435. I spoke to the instructors at my club and they had mixed views. So what do you guys think would be the best way, and how many hours did it take you to do these ratings?
Also, does anyone know of any C206 or Cherokee 6's for hire in South-East Melbourne, Hiring them would be much cheaper than getting the multi rating, and give a similar capability.