PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 12th Mar 2015, 19:28
Don Gato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The obivous. There's no right or wrong. It's purely individual and relates to the circumstances and the proirities that each of us have. To add to your decission making there is a question that I think you should ask yourself. Can you imagine how life would be working in something that you don't like? Do you know the feeling after a day at work when you arrive at home and feel that you have spent your day doing something meaningless to you? Do you know the feeling after some time of working just for money and "comfort"? How about the routine and being all day in an office? Is that for you?

I agree. Life as an airline pilot is not easy. It is VERY demanding. Sometimes, when I am faigued, I myself even think of doing something else, but then I remember how life was for more than fifteen years while working at something I did not like. And I conlude that without a doubt I'd rather get back home feeling tired but happy after doing something I like and that is meaningfull to me than getting back feeling bored and empty after a day at work that serves only for "comfort". That boring comfort was unbearable. That has been my personal experience, anyhow. As most of us here I have loved aviation since I was a kid. It took a lot of effort to make that dream come true and not many people have the privilege of being able to say "I did it".