PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 12th Mar 2015, 13:50
Tank2Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voting with your feet is not encouraged because of the seniority systems that we hang on to. Going to the bottom of the pile in terms of upgrade and salary renders walking out (unless you leave altogether) not an option. One of the reasons so few if any Mon FOs have gone to UK competitors.
Yes I know, I was just illustrating the catch 22 situation many of us are in. When management is turning on the thumb screws then voting with our feet has serious consequences for as far as social life and career progression are concerned, but staying can have even greater consequences for as far as fatigue, lifestyle and salary are concerned.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and with that in mind I completely understand why some people have had more enough of this industry.

Money, prestige and the occasional take off and landing are not everything in life, and you can also get your adrenaline or aviation kick from riding your motorbike, flying a glider (cheap!) or going for a weekend of rock climbing with friends.