PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - David Cameron, the pension and that 2% defence budget.
Old 12th Mar 2015, 12:19
NutLoose

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,259 Posts
The prime minister hinted at his thinking on Tuesday in an interview on LBC radio. Asked about prominent figures raising concerns over defence spending, Mr Cameron said: “I have responsibility to make sure we make the right decisions about defence and other security spending. I look at these things in the round, so I am also concerned about the budget for MI5, the Secret Intelligence Service, GCHQ, counter-terrorism policing. To me all of these things are part of our national defence.”

I still remember him standing on the Ark Royal telling the chaps they are doing a spiffing job whilst he had already decided to scrap the ship on its return from its cruise.
No doubt they will throw everything into the pot and call it defence from Selly Oak to the intelligence agencies thus pre election being able to announce an increase over the 2% in defence spending whilst actually reducing it.

It's okay for him bleating on about the intelligence agengies being essential, but at the end of the day, all the intelligence in the world is worth the square root of F all, if you have nothing to back it up with and act on the said information.