PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEM Alignment
Thread: NEM Alignment
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2015, 09:26
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Voxpop
Just for clarity, AFPS 05 does not differentiate between PVR and compulsory discharge. The only time there is an enhancement is when there is a Tier 2 or 3 medical discharge.

The difference between AFPS 75 PVR and Compulsory rates erodes over time and, after 28/29 yrs service, the differential has disappeared.
Vox,

Are you able to clarify what happens to PVR rates once some of us move from AFPS75 to AFPS15?

We have been told that a PVR at any point in the future whilst on AFPS15 terms will still be classed as a PVR from the '75 scheme, so the pension and gratuity will be abated.

Clearly we feel this is unfair but it is not clear how the abatement is calculated. As you would expect, we feel that it would be fairer not to suffer PVR abatement on the AFPS75 terms if I have never actually PVR'd whilst part of that scheme.

The published tables between PVR and Compulsory rates use Reckonable Service rather than years of service; ie mirroring the old pension rules which for officers ignores service before age 21.

The question this raises is that in Apr service on '75 will cease, as will our ability to accrue additional years to reduce the PVR abatement. As such is it correct I will be locked in forever to the PVR rates at the end of FY14/15 even if I PVR in 10 years time with (by that stage) 35 years of actual service?