PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Succesfull lobby puts unfair competition by ME airlines on political agenda worldwide
Old 12th Mar 2015, 01:31
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I couldn't care less about open skies, chapter 11, historical imbalances between Europe and the USA, or anything else

The plain and obvious fact is that the ME3 will not stop expanding until they are either made to stop by governments, or until the competition has all been destroyed.

Their main economic advantage doesn't stem from "government subsidies", or cheap fuel, or any perceived advantage of being privately owned by oil trillionaire states.

It comes from those state's willingness to accept and engage in modern day slavery, importing and exploiting their labourers from the third world, who are willing to accept sub human salaries and working conditions that would be completely illegal and unacceptable in any first world civilized country.

Yes the European flag carriers are a bunch of dinosaurs who need a kick up the ass. Yes Chapter 11 bankruptcy is ridiculous. Yes the US carriers have historically benefitted from imposing one sided versions of "open skies" on other nations. Who cares, none of that matters right now, look at the future and look at the big picture you guys.

If we as pilots want our sons and daughters to have any prospect of working anywhere in the entire world except the sandpit in another generation's time, then we should be cheering with delight at any legal action, petition, or manoeuvre to restrict them.