PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: MBF rule change-Vote No?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 23:22
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have contacted the Fund with my concerns and herein the reply:
Dear Mark,

In regards to your question below about the rule change currently open for voting.

Rule 6c proposed changes are a clarification of the existing rule only, which currently allows the Trustee not to make payments to members if their Class 1 has been suspended temporarily, or cancelled permanently where members are receiving payments for any disability recognised by any repatriation or statutory authority. WorkCover currently falls into this category. Hence the proposed rule change is solely a clarification of the existing rule to make it clearer to members. The treatment of WorkCover benefits is no different in the new or old Rules.

This does not mean that you are ineligible to claim your benefits, you could receive 12 months from WorkCover and there would be nothing preventing you from receiving your MBF benefits for the FULL two years afterward. If the condition were to be permanent, after the waiting period, you could make a claim for your Capital lump sum payment (which has been preserved by taking WorkCover payments). Your Capital payment is then free of tax.

I trust this clears up the “changes” to the rule.

Any other questions please contact the office.
So on that basis the rule change is OK for me. Jeezuz I hate legalese jargonic BS.......