PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 21:07
hu1124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys... First of all. I would like to thank to those who posted info about AJX... I just finished with assessment with AJX. Unfortunately I was not successful... But to me it was okay. I can go on with my life. My background is b747 FO for 8 years. Many things have said in the posts before. But I have one thing to add to those who are coming for the interview. It's simple and straight to the point... Think you are flying b767 by yourself. In my briefing I asked the PM capt to do something. He will always reply ok. But when it happens. He doesn't do a thing until you order. He maybe tired or what...but he has no CRM. Come on...even if they want you to be PIC...at least listen during briefing. Don't say ok if you are not going to do what I ask. So be prepared for that!

For the interview... Don't even bother too much.. They asked me v spds and aural warnings for the 747.., the HR asked me strong points and weak points. Oh.. And hydro planning. 3 types and when occurs. Others are the same... Intro, why join AJX, what ur family thinks..what you did to prepared...They will ask questions based on your answers...oh...couple questions I asked during orientation...like who engage autopilot during manual flight. The instructor said up to you, but during the SIM PM Capt got upset and said order him to engage. So that's something to look out. I stress again...PM capt has no CRM. Even what I told him during the briefing..he will not do.

First practice visual pattern he will call abeam runway and 35 sec... During real check he does not call anything. Once again... You are a single pilot on b767 and lucky to have someone you can order to do things. Order him do everything...I believe he didn't want to be there at 2 in the morning. Which was the time I finished. If you really want and need this job... You need to memorize the profile by heart. Also...I was too concentrate on pitch and power during every sector. It make you forget the simple stuff. its important. But as important as you current spd and altitude...so forget power and attitude. Just fly the aircraft first. Good luck to those who want to join... Please be careful of the PM capt, they will not do what you tell them to do during briefing. Only do when you order them what to do.