PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is busy right now?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 10:09
solent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is definately a quieter feel in the air for UK operators, one of the main reasons for this is Air Hamburg, Air X and Vista with the new CL350. These operators got lots of work in Russia or from Russian money which has dried up and in Germany for example the economy is not great with poor growth so all of a sudden they have lots of assets doing not very much so they have decided to flood the UK market and slash prices by offering as good as one way pricing which is a massively risky strategy. How long this is sustainable I do not know or what the end goal is, perhaps the idea is to strangle the main UK operators as best as possible or simply they are trying to keep all assets flying during quieter winter times.I have heard many brokers mention how amazing the prices are from these operators and that the Euro rate is killing UK operators but one thing they dont mention is as much as the Euro is rising the dollar against the euro is plummeting!

Just my 2 cents worth......Buzz it definately is quieter.....I think everyone is looking forward to the summer to get some volume back.

Last edited by solent; 11th Mar 2015 at 10:11. Reason: spelling mistookes