PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini T & C's
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 10:06
FWRWATPLX2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANG + IASCO = Breach of Contract

It was six months from the time we were notified that we got the job, before we actually started.

Then, notified that our date of contract for pay purposes would be the date of our Visa issuance.

Then amongst the contractors, there were direct-hire guys (Pacific Islanders, whom are truly decent guys to have a beer with + one no neck snake who extended downwind in the Sim, though he had a dual flame-out that he requested once perfectly set-up to dead stick, just to demonstrate he is an awesome pilot, yet never did make the runway, due to a genuine lack of skill and judgment).

Management ("The Big Man"} breached the terms of the contract, affecting my time off, commuting, salary, over night switched me from one base to another, etc., claiming he never saw the contract and never agreed to it. Somebody did. How could we be employed under contract, if it was not signed-off by ANG management, all the way to the top?

Gave 110%, well liked, especially amongst the locals, from the ground up, to the back of the aircraft. It meant zip.

Several month later received a call in my hotel room that my contract had been cancelled.

IASCO never enforced the contract. I was made to compromise, to no avail.

Why have a contract, at all?

This latest turn of event is no surprise.

It could have been a great job. Though the inefficiencies of the operation are damned frustrating. Very nice people (except for the ones whom are drugged up or have their hand out), beautiful country, interesting flying, on paper the money and time-off looked good . . . Anyone thinking taking the job, if offered, think long and hard . . . try to ask those whom have been there, before making up your mind.

Last edited by FWRWATPLX2; 11th Mar 2015 at 10:18.