PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 07:49
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always find it interesting to look at this forum and see the amount of uninformed opinion on this forum.

Any one who thinks that one side in a strike wins is deluding themselfs, there are only losers in a strike, the company loose money, the strikers loose money, the customers loose faith in the company and think twice about using it in the future.

So in short it is not about winning it is about who looses the least. And having been involved in more airline strikes that most on this forum I know it is those with the least involvement who make the most noise.

There have been a number of references to some in the group who have been working during the strike, those people are employed in the UK and are subject to the UK employment law, under this law strikes have to be properly constituted by balot. If this is not done the the strikers can end up on the wrong side of the law and a spell in prison is the ultimate sanction. The Norwegian unions understand that these strike conditions not having been made that those employed on UK contracts should not go on strike and made this clear.

It is only when the dust settles will it become clear who has lost the least, but for those who think that the union lost the dispute I should take time to rethink the issue, after all if you were in the management position you now know that the union can hold solid and will have learnt that with a bit more planning time they can stop the whole operation.

While all above in this post is fact I will offer one bit of personal opinion and that is the strike shows the pilots can stick together and in the next round of negotiations the management will have this in the back of there minds. The chances are that this fact alone will make another strike less likely.

Last edited by A and C; 11th Mar 2015 at 09:17.