PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chief Executive
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 05:42
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach, I had to go on medication permanently that required a ground trial, 30 days, not 29, not 31. The 30th day coincided with the infamous Monday public holiday. There was no point ring CASA on Friday, Saturday or Sunday to confirm that I'd be stood up on Monday as the DAME didn't & couldn't forward date the stand up. It was happening Monday. In the current environment that exists at CASA there was no effing way I was going to risk civil disobedience and a sizeable fine to potentially work without a medical. If my work had worn the fine and the rap I'd think about it but I believe that they couldn't even if they wanted to. I was rostered by my employer because they need me back up and running ASAP, I've been in my current employment for a long time so I'm at the top of the pay scale. This cost was passed onto industry.

For anyone to suggest that the flying public is CASA's only customer is simplistic. My employer directly pays CASA for a number of services. Yes, this cost is passed onto the flying public. That doesn't give the flying public the choice over how these services are delivered to my employer or the cost. I wish I had that control over how services are delivered to me.