PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 00:08
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HS2 Heathrow link R.I.P.

The HS2 link to Heathrow has been "quietly" shunted into the sidings.

BBC News - HS2: Heathrow spur plans dropped by transport minister More evidence of a fully integrated transport policy ......OR MAYBE NOT ?

This really is bizarre, my views on HS2 are unprintable BUT I concede IF you are going to spend billions on a new train set, throwing in a few extra bob to connect the UKs premier mega hub to the HS2 network would be a mandatory part of the equation would it not ?
More incredible is the fact that it was quietly filed away without a whimper !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIPIM

Absolute tsunami of good news from my favorite organ the M E N on the first day with the journos gushing at the masses of investment in Manchester including confirmation of the new tower, mega plans for Media City, NOMA etc. Anyone interested should investigate the multiple links on the business section.

In the same way that investment in London contributes to the welfare of Heathrow the same can also be said of Manchester and the airport !
Manchester now has the largest private investment outside London.

And further news just in we are "finally off and running" re Airport City with a modest 75,000 sq ft building, by comparison we currently have 200,000 sq ft at Eithad , Cussons etc

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....irport-8813762

I believe Lynda Shillaw who heads up Manchester Airport Group Divisional Chief Executive officer for property, addesses a "receptive" audience later today so there maybe more to come......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally to my arch nemesis @VisitBritain. This is a incredible, it seems there is life beyond Buckingham Palace, The Tower Of London, etc...

I have just been greeted by masses of social media exposure linking Manchester, Manchester Airport, and American Airlines !

"can it be true?" Tourist locations (albeit Celtic in origin) , Manchester Airport, and one of its airlines ALL in one sentence ?

"Well yes it can..... http://yourbritishjourney.com

OK its not Gateway to The Lake District, Chester, Peak District, Chatsworth, Beatles Experience etc as one might have expected, it's actually not even a @VisitBritain initiative as it being heavily trailed by, wait for it ..... @VisitWales! (.....The marketing people at Cardiff Airport must be euphoric)

All a bit odd given the more obvious candidature of VisitEngland ?

BUT crucially it DOES come under the VisitBritain banner AND more importantly at last somebody has recognised there is a major airport outside London !

Gateway to Wales ? ...It may be an odd juxtaposition, but no complaints, not this time anyway, we'll take publicity from wherever it comes!

....I may need one of my pills !

Last edited by Bagso; 11th Mar 2015 at 08:54.