PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ST Aviation Academy to train Qatar Airways MPL cadet pilots
Old 10th Mar 2015, 04:12
AviateNavigateComm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're still wondering, the requirements do state high school education is the minimum requirement, but when I went there for the Compass Test & interview (I'm from Malaysia), they told me that they need minimum A Levels, diploma or equivalent. Luckily I had a diploma so all was well for me. They mentioned that high school for Qatar means A levels or equivalent, or "upper secondary school". That wasn't very clear at all considering that high school in Malaysia meant SPM/O Levels equivalent. The website stated high school equivalent but the brochures they had there said GCE A Levels / Diploma or equivalent.

Anyway, I got there (it's pretty isolated, had to take a cab there from the city, about SGD20), they checked all my documents, made copies, took me to the room to do the compass and aptitude test, normal, fine. I was told that I passed and to return the following day for my interview.

Here's my mistake, I did not bring a suit as I thought it was a big hassle to bring a suit there as I didn't have any baggage allowance. This was a noted mistake that I will never repeat again. I also read up on Qatar Airways and the history of it but in front of the panel from STAA for some reason I just blanked out. So, another point against me. But all was well, was told that my answers were good and appropriate, just that in future please wear a suit and read up more on the airline that I wish to join. Questions were pretty basic, just to get to know me and see how I answer. Tell them about myself, tell them about Qatar Airways, why do I want to join Qatar Airways, What are my plans if I don't get accepted, and the more common Why do you want to be a pilot.

So I left, and just got the email saying that I passed the interview by the STAA panel, and to return to Singapore mid of May for the final interview with the Qatar panel (I did the interview last Friday).

So far experience was good , school seemed pretty quiet but the classes probably were carried out on the upper floors and I was there at about 10am so obviously everyone was in class. Did not manage to meet other cadets, just a couple of other candidates for the interview (1 guy and 1 girl). If there are any other candidates going for the interview roaming around the forum, feel free to PM me to keep in touch