PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2015, 22:58
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pottwiddler

I have no problem with flitefone or his views.

To associate BOH with business is however madness. Unless you can remind me of a single airline that has managed to make it work? How long did BE's MAN route last? EI's DUB route still around? Even FR have not touched business routes despite the fact their business model is about as flexible as it gets.

We all know BE have got into bed with MAN and as far as I can see are happy to cut off their nose to spite their face. this will not work, end of story.

My intolerance is of the fact there are too many airports in this country that are being kept alive by cottage industries and in the meantime acting as a tumour to their more successful neighbours. Just when you thought BLK and MSE finally got the message there is talk of them reopening.

And if you are talking about jobs how about the ones at SOU who have worked the best part of a decade to help BE grow to the size it is now not to mention being on the back of a hugely successful year of growth. Despite all this BE seem happy to spit in their face for the sake of opening a base 30 mins down the road at a flawed airport that no one can get to or even drop their loved ones off without being fleeced?