PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2015, 15:35
AdamThePassenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m afraid that what passengers like is secondary to what makes airlines money. In fact I’ll go a step further and say that it’s surprising what passengers will put up with to get the best fares and flight schedules. Luton may be a “dreadful” airport but realistically how long are you likely to be there? A few hours?? That’s not a big deal for most passengers.
Indeed so, a bad airport does not a bad trip make. I remember a holiday to Turkey when I was a child. I had a superb time, but Dalaman Airport had very dodgy air conditioning and reeked of cigarette smoke. Just one of those things. The problem with SEN is that I fear the locals (myself included) still consider it an amusing novelty as opposed to a proper departure point like LTN/STN/LGW etc. I am extremely grateful to EZY for establishing a proper base there as otherwise it would not survive.

This principle applies to LGW too. I get the feeling from this forum that people think LGW pursuing a 2nd runway is a move to improve share value as opposed to anything else, as most Long-Haul carriers will always consider London to be LHR and nothing more. It is a shame really, but it is human nature to fear the unknown.