PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition filed against dgca(india) on change.org
Old 9th Mar 2015, 13:03
pranav_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Equinox, I am no expat. I am a citizen of India. One of the reasons of less jobs in the Aviation Industry in India is because laws are very restrictive to open up the aviation indistry. No foreign carrier can come to India and start up their airlines. Or even want to partner. Recently jetairways partenered with etihad and singapore airlines with vistara. Spice jet issue. Kingfisher was bankrupt.

First are the laws that dont let foreign carriers invest and even if they do they have to go through a lot of pain to get partnered with regional airliner.

Second, corruption. Either the laws are too strict or has too many loopholes, from a invester POV i wont invest in India if rules are giving a hard time and corruption is at its peak.

Third, why shouldnt DGCA open up their rules? If a person wants to fly he can despite knowing the condition of industry.

This initiative is not forced upon you. You are welcome to support it. You have right not to support it. It is not specifically this regulation but changing or reforming DGCA is the main purpose.

Your point is valid. Less regulation more entry into industry more unemployment.

BUT you cannot stop someone from coming into this industry, all have their choices.

Your son or daughter is as passionate as you are. Will you still stop them from entering just because you are facing unemployment.

I am sure despite your unemployment you are still passionate about flying as you were when you started.

We all have our opinions. You have yours and every opinion are welcome.

At the end it is just about the support to get a better system where a person doesnt have to deal with bureaucracy.