PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition filed against dgca(india) on change.org
Old 9th Mar 2015, 12:41
equinox123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop Seeking Support Please

Mr Pranav_d,
I understand your concern, but let me remind you of something that perhaps you are already aware of just so that you know where aviation in India stands as of today.
You want the DGCA to get rid of the maths and Physics pre-requisite for candidates to be eligible to have their licences converted to Indian CPL?Do you even know what repercussions that may have on the already saturated Indian CPL (Freshers) market?There are pilots here (including me) who have been without jobs for most part of this decade and the number of freshly minted pilots is only increasing every month(Check DGCA stats).Less spoken the better when it comes to keeping the licence current.I hope everyone on this forum would agree with me on that .
I dont see any reason why the DGCA should change the rules now, just so that you can come out of your rosy cozy closet and jump the queue and grab that job which deserving CPL guys find it so elusive even with a type rating.Why on earth do you think I would want to give up my seat to some expat who wants to move up the ladder by writing petitions and stuff.
See I don't disagree with the fact that DGCA needs to amend a few rules, but "hey" show some concern to the guys who already have a CPL and have all their licences and rating current.Make some provisions or arrangements for CPL guys who already exist in India first and then probably change rules.I am up for our CPL brethren who are still without jobs.
And stop asking for support here from forum members for god sake.We all know what it is dealing with the DGCA and we have done it ourselves.Its time you get up from your slumber land and do things yourself too.By asking for support you are just making your life easy, we aint so naive to overlook that atleast.