PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: MBF rule change-Vote No?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2015, 12:40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was about to push the button on joining the fund up until a few days ago. I was attracted to it because it appeared to be heavily favoured towards paying one out in the unfortunate event that you needed it and wouldn't be trying to screw you out of your payment (ala an insurance company). The amount was good, tailored for pilots and run by pilots this made a really attractive safety net. Until now.

This one seemingly small rule change is a red flag in my opinion. It signals the intent of the trustees to change what this fund was all about and instead start to focus on penny pinching and screwing it's members out of payments that they deserve.

Alas ANOTHER business in Australia is getting greedy and will not be getting my business as a result of playing Mr Scrooge. Unless someone can show me otherwise that is.

And for the numptys throwing the "double dippling" guilt trip around, get a grip! We pay a ****load of tax and that covers our work cover (that we should be entitled to just like everyone else is), you pay a small fortune to be covered by the MBF, out of your own pocket, for a policy that advertises to keep you going in a time of need. You're not doubling dipping, you're receiving what you're bloody well entitled to. I just don't get why people lie down and get kicked whilst screaming "give me more!" these days. The government love you lot.

Enough from me.