PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 9th Mar 2015, 10:28
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well it just goes to show what a personal choice it is. I do agree aviation and the job is now different. It is what it is and yes the conditions have changed. Do you want to look back in 10 years time and think 'if only'.

From your tag you're young, live in the UK, maybe single and have a good solid qualification which you could fall back on. Do you have access to funds that you 'might' be gambling with? By the state of your progress you do.

If you go down this route undoubtably the first few years will be tough. The new boys on the block seem to think that it was always so easy for everyone - no it certainly wasn't. Some did have an easier ride than others but it was by no means everyone, I'm now reaping the rewards of a long, hard fought career. You make of the job what you want and if it's really what you want you can't get it anywhere else. Most other jobs that give this level of satisfaction and reward are also hard to start with; anything that's worthwhile often is. Those in the job will continue to fight for better T&C and some headway is being made even if it's only giving more options.

Sometimes there's a glut of pilots, sometimes a shortage; your options will depend on which it is when you qualify.

I also wish you good luck whatever you choose.