PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 9th Mar 2015, 07:48
dboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More and more i meet pilots who want to quit their job for something else. Most of them are experienced people who already lived their dream and now facing the backside of this medal....and i am one of them.

I feel that the whole pilot job is an unnatural job. You always have to work day and night, facing jet lags, not having a normal social life, working at high altitudes etc. Something against mother nature ( i dont how call this). We all have our roots and are somehow always attached to this. The older we get, the more pronounced it is. I recently found a nice place to stay in my surroundings where i used to grow up as a youngster. I know the area, having my friends there, can speak my mother language.....i am feeling at home. Moving somewhere else, leaving (again) everything behind just for the sake of flying is also getting harder and harder. I was really demotivated because of this, even if the new aircraft was an A320. And i believe if you want to stay in flying business, there is no other choice. It is asking for sacrifices. I recently refused 3 jobs offers because i had to move again. People call me crazy but hey, they are not pilots. And to be honest, still i do not regret with my choice. I know already that i will quit my flying job within the 1.5 year. (Hopefully i find something else). The only thing i am afraid of is my salary. I never thought i would be saying this but i hope soon for a very stable regular life. This is not a negative comment on the pilotjob but more a realistic one.