PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe -V- BA. The age old question.
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2015, 01:45
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I think you're so naive that there's all point continuing this conversation. Let me give you a heads up though before I sign off.

Flying schools are absolutely crawling with "career changer" 30-something wide eyed wonders, who think that they're a special snowflake because they already made a bunch of money in finance / accounting / IT / whatever, and they are under the illusion that for some reason this will improve their odds in the great airline job lottery. You can spot them a mile off, they park the Audi out the front of the school, and buy the Bose headsets on day 1, and sit in the student lounge discussing daft things like whether they prefer BA or Flybe.

99% of them end up back in the old office a few weeks after they've finished training, and the bills start coming in, and they've posted a couple of CVs to their preferred airline targets, and lo-and-behold they haven't been selected for interview.

Next minute they are back having their friday night pints with their currency trader mates, whinging about how they could have been, but the whole thing is a ripoff and a scam and a circus.

Which is no great loss to be honest, I'd 100 times rather employ someone who put it all on the line and went out to Susi or Botswana and got stuck in and did some real flying, than someone who sat there filing their nails and daydreaming about which airline is the best fit for their particular minimum required standard of lifestyle.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Once your royal highness has determined whether he will grace BA or Flybe with his presence, please be sure to let them know, I'm sure their recruiting departments are waiting with baited breath to roll out the red carpet for you.

Please let us know how you get on