PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2015, 23:51
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a massive supporter of MAN, but I am also a massive supporter of all regional flying. Yes, I'd prefer a scheduled Hainan at MAN, but I be nearly as chuffed if it was at BHX.

The thing is life does exist outside London, and routes like this, and others, prove that, and hopefully all regional airports will prosper.

For far to long have regional fliers had routes denied, or even taken off them, as it did not fit in with airlines, or hubs, ideal.
It's not contradicting the "airlines, or hubs, ideal". Any routes between Manchester and Chinese cities is exactly the "hub ideal". Depending on the route/carrier the hubs are at Hong Kong (Cathay), Canton (China Southern), Shanghai (China Eastern), Peking (Air China, Hainan Airlines), etc.. In this case, Ringway is the spoke.

I agree....reading all this negative stuff is bad, surely MAN and BHX should work together against LHR....all regional long haul flights should be welcomed by both, and they are the only 2 regional airports that will ever attract long haul scheduled services, runway, infrastructure and connectivity a good reason alone, I think there is room for both to expand.
Clearly there is, but no one should be working against anyone, THAT is negative. MAN v BHX: usually a win for MAN; MAN + BHX v LHR: always a win for LHR. What is needed is routes to LHR and MAN and BHX.

But this will only be possible where carriers can make money. So come on you Brummies and you Mancs, particularly those of you in premium classes, USE THE LONG HAUL SERVICES PROVIDED. Make sure they are profitable and more will come.