PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 8th Mar 2015, 18:11
JaxofMarlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't say you weren't warned. Yep, we are all earning £100k + by the time we are 30. Laughing my tits off now.

You already have a career. Stick to it and fly for fun. Don't believe the hype selling you a place on a training course. Yes, there maybe a shortage, from the airlines point of view, of pilots who will fly for FA but how long are you going to be happy to do that ? There is massive downward pressure on pilots terms and conditions and now they have caught on to the fact that there is an endless supply of cheap labour the pressure will get worse. Only a matter of time before captains terms are attacked in the same way. You may be lucky and get the right seat from the outset and stick to it for your entire career - but if you do you will have to. Change company and you fall to the bottom again. Three redundancies in the last 9 years have taught me that. You then have to go somewhere your life style may not be compatible with - as I did - reluctantly dragging a wife and two kids to a sandpit for a few years. Back now, but £100k pa. No chance.

Tiredness and fatigue are issues - but they are not the main ones by a long way.

Last edited by JaxofMarlow; 8th Mar 2015 at 18:31.