PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe -V- BA. The age old question.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2015, 09:48
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big mistake here is thinking that a certain solid background will give someone the power of being "picky". Well, as you will very soon find out , that is not the case.
1) If you join the beautiful aviation world, nobody is probably going to ask you what you did in the past. They do not care. From day 1 to the MCC they only care about your flying skills and you ability to pass the 14 ATPL exams. Believe me, you do not have any advantage on this.
2) you might think you are the only one with a solid background wanting to join this world. Well, you are wrong again. I have trained with financial advisors, engineers, ex fighter pilots and lawyers. The competition is fierce, there will be people with more background, or less background.
3) I have seen people from all backgronds fail. I have seen 18 years old, I have seen bankers.

And no, command training is not just "the hours", is a very hard path. Some get to the end, some do not. Your background gives you better chances in some fields, but that's about it.

But of course, you can be picky with 0 hours. But we all know the result.

My advice, stay where you are and get a PPL. Aviation is beautiful, but at the end of the day it becomes just another job. Even if you succeed, you will have a huge debt and less money in your pocket than in your current job