PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 8th Mar 2015, 08:15
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bail Out, Eject?

Only YOU can make the choice.

After 35+ years in a very different profession, one much loved, the toxic overhead became too much. I bailed out years early simply because I could. Part of my thinking was that I could return within 3-4 years if I really missed it or truly needed to. Nuts! Pushing 64, I've been 'retired' since late '08, work harder that I ever have before, and would not go back at 2x the income. It worked for me and perfectly. For you, only you can decide. The only real advice that I can offer is pay attention to your feelings and QOL standards. If jumping it the right course, go for it.
Having a plan won't hurt, but if you have other skills or interests, use them. If you are seriously concerned about money, wait a few or five years, ,save like a chipmunk, cut expenses to the bone and reconsider... You sound a bit young, so you have better options than I did. Use them!
Many pilots or so committed that they cannot consider anything else. Most of the really smart ones always have a "Plan B" in their back pocket. (Loss of medical certificate, for example..) Make a "Plan B" and when able, consider again. Good luck!! If your Quality of Life (QOL) is not up to standards, make a plan to FIX IT. You do have choices...