PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway excursion by DL MD-80
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 22:36
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With particular postings in mind I would say this. Any survivable landing accident should be treated in the same way - you have 90 seconds to get out, the 90 seconds the authorities tell us is the critical time if the aircraft is on fire. Fire may not be evident or start immediately. In the Stockport accident in 1967 the fire that caused many deaths of the injured didn't occur for several minutes.

Any idiot that stops to collect personal belongings not only risks their own life but risks becoming a murdering idiot by blocking the escape of those obstructed by their stupid selfishness.

I regularly fly on four types the 777, 747, 737 and A319. I know the safety cards and door operations by heart. I can put on a life vest blindfold, though I accept a survivable landing on water is highly unlikely. For some reason I think it is a good idea to refresh my memory on every sector, even consecutive sectors on the same type on the same day.

Anyone exiting a crashed airliner carrying any item of clothing or hand baggage in their hands should be arrested and charged both with endangering the safety of the other passengers and disregarding the lawful instructions of the crew.

On most flights I take my hand baggage includes over £4000 of photographic gear and a tablet. All are insured. Even if they were not, they can be replaced, my fellow passengers and I cannot.