PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer test aircraft jow landing St Maarten
Old 7th Mar 2015, 22:00
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGLD, what if? Ah the driving force behind the health and safety brigade. What if an aircraft is crippled and falls out of the sky over any city in the world?? Quick, clear all buildings and enforce a sanitised area three miles wide along every approach path otherwise there could be a bloodbath!!!!

The world is full of risk. People at the beach make a choice. That's what adults who don't need a nanny do. My choice is to stay either side of the approach path which won't help me much if your bloodbath is caused by anything much bigger than a light twin landing short but I've been around aircraft most of my life and can accept the odds.

Apart from the odd commuter flight, most aircraft have a long straight in approach over the water and it is obvious to all but the most oblivious just how high or low any approaching aircraft is.

The Embraer was probably the lowest approach I've seen there either in life or on film. Had he been six feet lower he would probably have undershot, as would have happened with such an approach at any airfield.

If I were you I'd keep away from approach paths and, come to that, airshows or anywhere else where there is a risk!!!