PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe -V- BA. The age old question.
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 16:48
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm ex Flybe and can certainly say there is no way in hell you will be upgrading in three years time, let alone inside that timeframe. Northern Monkey is spot on, times are still not good at Flybe and prospects for the future still extremely uncertain. Flybe are a niche airline and far too big to be able to meet that niche profitably. There is no expansion on the cards, in fact if they are to survive in the future I would say there is only one way it can happen and that is going to be a sizeable contraction. The BA Connect merger of 2007 was an unmitigated disaster for the airline that cripples it to this very day.

The Dash rating is useless, believe me, I experienced the stress of two years ago trying to find other jobs with that very same chocolate fireguard type rating only to be confronted with almost every single job available requiring jet time or an A320 rating. I was demoralised to the point that I thought it was the end of my flying career.

Anyone signing up for a sponsored programme right now would be taking a monumental gamble, especially if it was for an MPL licence. In fact if you signed up for an MPL course with Flybe I think that would qualify as meeting the criteria for admittance to the insane asylum.

Flybe is/was a lovely company (before the 2013 redundancy nastiness) and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there but career wise it's a complete and utter dead end.

Last edited by RexBanner; 7th Mar 2015 at 17:27.