PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is landing the bloody plane so hard?!
Old 7th Mar 2015, 16:18
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Umpteen pages of drivel in response to a straightforward question. PPrune at its best
Indeed! The OP asked:

Any advice on improving? Should I do what I threaten to do to my instructor every week and just jack it in and learn to play golf instead? All thoughts and advice welcome!
I think that the OP got more than his money's worth, and some of it very highly qualified. There are numerous "right ways" (and a lot of wrong ones) to land a plane. The best we can do is to inspire the newer pilots that there is not only a right way, but many. If they master one, to begin with, the others will come with broadening experience.

I have been lucky to safely land every aircraft I took off (and a few I did not!). A number of them were rather modified, or operated very differently, making me a test pilot. Others were deeply unserviceable, making me either a skilled, or lucky pilot. And some, on rather uncommon surfaces, making me a more experienced pilot.

Everyone needs a nudge of encouragement from someone who's further down life's road every now and again. If these pages don't constitute some really well informed encouragement, I don't know what does!