PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Mar 2015, 15:02
AbsolutSkyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B787 NTR

Hi Everyone,

I appeared for the QR NTR Captain interview in Nov 2015, and was informed about 3 weeks ago that my application was successful. My Joining date in in October 2015 on the B787.

My colleagues who went for their selection in Jan 2015, haven't received any news of their selection. The unsuccessful ones received an email, but the rest (assuming they were selected) haven't heard a word from QR.

What I have heard is that there has been a major reshuffle with the HR at QR and all selections, fleet allotments are on hold. Its also said that all pilots applying for the Direct entry NTR B787 jobs will be getting the B777 fleet, provided they have 8000+ hrs.

If I get any further info, I shall pass it on.

Meanwhile, i really want to know from the pilots who are there if its really a good and "happy" place to work and live for a childless couple in their late 30's?? I have read enough to put me on the back foot, but would still appreciate some other views...the more realistic ones, good or not so good.

Cheers.