PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway excursion by DL MD-80
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 13:17
SortieIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a big guy and barely fit in the seats available in the back of the bus

My business and professional life is in my computer

My wallet & passport are in my computer bag 'cause the airline seat is so narrow that I can not sit down with it in my pocket

There is no way in hell I am getting off the airplane without my small computer bag and computer.

No one anytime anywhere has shown a shred of evidence that passengers carrying their personal effects hinders evacuation

The rude and condescending remarks made here about passengers remind me why current air travel is so distasteful compared to 40 some years ago. Back then passengers were welcome guests, now much of the airplane staff treat us as unwashed, unwelcome, ignorant interlopers.
7th Mar 2015 01:49
It is possible that the rude and condescending remarks are a reflection of today's mean spirited society? Might also be a product of the treatment that is regularly handed out by passengers to flight crews?

Anyways, as far as I remember, the admonition to leave the bags, high heel shoes, and other SHARP things behind is to avoid damaging the escape slides, and thereby condemning those who are behind you in the queue!

Sorry to see the aircraft in that state, I hope that the crew come out of this OK.