PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 12:19
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CargoOne,

"I know setups where pilots deserve the sympaty from colleagues however I dont beleive a second DY is one of those."

Do you have the faintest idea of the reason behind the strike ? do you know what the company "offer" to the Scandinavian based pilots was ? do you see now that most (but not all of that ) is now on back on the table ? do you also see that the "elephant" in the room is the companies avowed intention to split 650 pilots into 3 smaller groups ? do you have the imagination to see where this will leave them in 1 year (or less) when the next negotiations start ?

In short, it is nice to have the "inside line " from you on "wet-lease"news, but, do you really understand why this is happening, and that maybe , just maybe, it is a rather bigger issue than a bunch of (no doubt you feel pampered/spoiled) Scandi pilots flexing industrial muscle. This conflict is a litmus test for any Unionised company in Europe, and our Boss is in the meantime destroying the small crumbs of credibility he had over his application in the States, and ensuring our losses this year will probably be surpassed in the next. . . . the investors must be wondering about the calibre of management decisions being taken too I would wager.

Last edited by captplaystation; 7th Mar 2015 at 13:28.