PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is landing the bloody plane so hard?!
Old 7th Mar 2015, 07:36
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone wake the OP up please. We are starting to get some sense and realism back to this thread.

1. Stabilized and correct approach. By correct, height, speed, configuration. Rememeber the OP is new and in his training aircraft.
2. Carry out multiple circuit training, with slight differences to allow the OP to see the view and picture, which will enable him to have confidence as the situation changes, be it through aircraft, or conditions change.
3. As his experience grows, he can experiment with all manner of approaches, configs, and different settings. Until then, the experience and confidence level has to be there.
maybe 4. following right after -> do one hefty session of only circuit flying with a venerable FI from the old-bush-flying-we-need-no-stinkin-instruments-we-can-fly fraction, bring yourself to sweat out that blockade and minimize conscious brain activity for the sake of automatic intuition -> helped my in that situation to be pushpulled repetitively through the full procedure with a 45 minutes session flying 13 T/G (do not cut corners for this waterboarding, go all the way up to 800-1000ft and full cruise config at downwind, tell the tower in advance as they will call you crazy). After this torture at least I had cleared my MainbrainCPU from vast amounts of thinking what is necessary to land and shifted tasks into subconscious extremities Coprocessors ;-).