PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: MBF rule change-Vote No?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 02:17
dirty deeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ga_trojan

Quote:
in respect of which, in the Trustee’s reasonable opinion, the Member either is currently or would be entitled to receive any periodical or other payments (including, but not limited to workers’ compensation) under state or federal legislation,

Member is either currently: defer your MBF payments and receive payments from elsewhere.

My understanding is if you are injured at work, you would be on sick leave, therefore during this process you are entitled to workers compensation (WC).

Or would be entitled to: If you are not entitled to WC, you should receive MBF payments.

And Creampuff, I can assure you that the courts will look at the intent of the rule, that's their job, to apply intent!!! By the way, are you an MBF member, because in your post you state, "If I were an MBF member"?

Have a look at each states workers compensation payments schedules, they all differ, but most pay up to a maximum % on your weekly calculated earnings.

Once again, defer your MBF payments as the rules allow and claim workers compensation/other. If you are not injured at work or not entitled to WC, claim the MBF.