PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: MBF rule change-Vote No?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2015, 23:41
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
There will be arguments galore about whether people should or should not "double dip" as some seem to think it is, however in my mind the issue is whether or not I am going to be stuck in the middle with no money and no income while everything gets sorted out. The biggest payment in the world is not all that helpful if it comes a year after you have had to sell your home in a fire sale and taken the kids out of school because the MBF won't pay because in their opinion you are eligible for workers comp and the workers comp insurers argue that they are not liable.

In the meantime you have run out of sick leave, annual leave, long service leave and are now in leave without pay or worse still have been terminated.

I don't care if the MBF a wants to recover their funds from the workers comps insurer after the fact, BUT I would prefer someone, anyone, paid me in the interim while the lawyers duked it out.

Anyone with a family and a mortgage will be in a position where the loss of income very quickly becomes a critical situation.

I would prefer the rule change said something along the lines of "the MBF will provide cover for loss of licence in the first instance but retains the right to recover any funds paid from any insurance payments paid to the insured" or legalese words to that effect.