PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for EGPH ATCO's
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2003, 16:40
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Fancy Navigator are you Mr Toberman? About the only part of his letter that was accurate was the bit about aircraft flying over the city. While you say it is not rare, it is not common either. I live near the West End and seldom see aircraft on direct routings. I am also a frequent user of flights to and from EGPH and cannot remember the last time I was on an aircraft that routed direct.

Mr Toberman specifically has a go at easyJet. Why? Pissed off with them for being delayed or denied boarding for not having proper docs? Who knows. It was interesting that he signed the letter as chair of the Pilrig Residents Assoc. I wonder if he had the backing of his members?

Rather than bash easyJet he might have had more success in questioning some of the routings taken by the single engine fixed wing and helicopters to EGPH. And I say this as a PPL who bashed the circuit at EGPH until the moving (and eventual demise) of Turnhouse FC.

NudgingSteel - I know it is very fashionable around here to bash the journo's but in this case I don't think it is deserved. They gave space to a readers (seriously error ridden) letter but also published two letters of rebutal.