PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I go for it?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2015, 19:06
aspiringpilot11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I go for it?

Hi guys, I'm just looking for some advice as I'm in very complicated situation and really need advice. I'm 19 currently doing a degree in accounting and finance, I done my leaving cert last year and didn't do as good as I'm capable of (280 points, capable of about 350) I wouldn't been the greatest academicly and never done any subjects the average pilot would (honours maths, Physics, applied maths ect) but that's down to my school not offering these as LC subjects.

I've always wanted to be a pilot for as long as I can remember. I have a job where I save every single penny I earn for my pilot training (120k) and hope to have this money in the next 4 years. Recently I've been considering giving up hope, the lack of jobs and opportunities for recent graduate pilots is frightening and definitely turns me off doing it. When I think about going through life without making an attempt to be a pilot it really saddens me, I never had a great up-bringing and my dream of being a pilot is all that kept me going really. Also the thought of when I'm 70-80 and thinking back to my life and it not at least chasing my dream upsets me. But then on the other hand I don't want to be in a situation where I'm in 60k debt and never having a pilot job.

So basicly I'm just looking for advice on what to do. I'm At the stage of my life where I need clarity. I've no idea what to do and need honest advice.

Cheers guys and sorry for the big essay. All advice is greatly appreciated.