PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India hiring A320 Type rated Captains and FO
Old 5th Mar 2015, 05:51
grandfather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decision criteria

Hi, This is specifically for Cyril Roy, but would be glad for inputs from anyone else.

Cyril, as you said, I'm new to the scene in India hence please forgive 'stupid' questions or unintended gaffes.......but you have been a very stable presence on this forum, giving a lot of calm advice, not to mention a lot of information on upcoming recruitment. A guardian angel of the young newbies, if you don't mind my saying so!

I've been trawling the threads on the Wannabees page, specifically the South Asia & Far East. What comes across to me is the sheer frustration and desperation of fresh CPL holders. On the Jet page, forum members are practically beating each other up while trying to interpret the opaque hiring policies of the company, on the Indigo page, impatience is bursting forth with candidates wanting to know if there is any news post the exam.......The dawning of the reality on the job front plays out on these pages and the cruelty of it is heart wrenching.

You had said earlier that getting a TR gives an edge to freshers over the non rated ones. No doubt this is true, but what I want to know is this: on what basis does a CPL guy decide whether to choose A320, B737, ATR or whatever else? TR is hellishly expensive and I can't imagine someone doing a 320 TR, then seeing that there is no hiring, goes on to 737. It's not like doing an MA or MBA and biding time till a job comes along.

Would be glad for any inputs. Thanks in advance.